HOW TO ENTER THE BBS ART CONTEST?
1. Bring your art piece on the day of the event.
2. Submit your art at the Art Registration booth before 3:30 p.m.
3. Near the end of the show we will announce the winners!
ART CONTEST SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
• Only ONE entry per artist will be accepted per contest.
• Contest is for Ages: 9 – 23 years old only.
• Prize packs will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place in each respective age category. In addition, all ages will be eligible for our Director’s Choice Award for the art piece we consider best in show.
Age: 9 – 13 ( 1st , 2nd & 3rd place)
Age: 14 – 16 ( 1st , 2nd & 3rd place)
Age: 17 -23 ( 1st , 2nd & 3rd place) *1st place choice in this age category are eligible for Art Grants
• Deadline for registration is 3:30 p.m. sharp.
• We highly encourage you to complete your art piece prior to the day of the event.
• Qualifying art submission techniques may include, but are not limited to, oils, scratch-board, pointillism, chalk, pastels, charcoal, colored pencil, acrylics, dry brush, watercolor, cross hatch, lead, linoleum printing, tempera and/or crayon. Digital artwork or photography will not be accepted.
• At the registration booth you will be asked to complete a brief registration form including your name, age, contact information, and a brief description of your art piece. The information provided will be used to notify you if your art entry places and you are not present to collect your prize.
• Should be the contestant’s original, hand-done creation and must not infringe upon any copyright laws.
• Contest winners will be announced near the end of the show on the day of the event; you do not need to be present to collect your prize.
• All contestants can pick up their art pieces from the registration area after winners are announced.
On behalf of the Black Book Team, We wish you GOOD LUCK!
It is the contestants responsibility to follow all rules and guidelines or art entries will not be accepted. Black book Sessions: • has the right to use the name and/or age of any Black Book Sessions contestants, without compensation, to administer and promote the contest. • has the right to use a photograph (if taken at the black book sessions event) of any contestant, without compensation, to administer and promote the contest. • retains ownership of all photographed artwork entered in the contest and may copy, distribute and publicly display it. • in order to promote Black Book Sessions, products such as posters, prints, T-shirts, etc. may be produced from winning artwork. Any monies realized from the sale or licensing of artwork will support the contest, events and education initiatives.
Past Educational Grant Winners